Awwww girlfriends! Nothing better than an afternoon with your girls to get your mind right, to feel sane, to feel connected, to feel open & alive!
But as women we can often find ourselves wrapped up in the schedules of life and forget to prioritize ourselves and our friends. Duty calls most of the time...laundry, grocery shopping, making meals, work, cleaning, kid activities...you get it. I don't think anymore elaboration is needed:). And actually as you are reading this, you are probably thinking of all the things you have to get done before the week starts tomorrow. And of course, not to mention, navigating a global pandemic.
But wait...before you start creating a list for the week of all the have-to's, think of one friend that you absolutely LOVE to be with. Smile and send them some love. Right now...just do it! It may feel strange, but that's ok.
For me, girlfriends are the connection back to our soul. They are a reflection of everything that is good about us. They remind us of who we really are...pure, breathtakingly beautiful SOULS. Go ahead, do it again. Send some more love. Remember - what you give you will get back ten fold.
I have created a list of 5 ways to reconnect with your friends that can easily be worked into your schedule (with social distancing and face masks and no symptoms, of course). Put that person's name at the top of your list and reach out to them this week.
Make it a priority! You will be so happy you did!
5 Ways to Nourish Your Friendships!
1. Phone a girlfriend! In our society, we have grown accustomed to the ever quick & impersonal text. While this is better than nothing, hearing someone's sweet voice can do wonders for your nervous system. It can relieve anxious feelings and it, for sure, can brighten someone's day!
2. Workout with your girlfriend! Such an awesome combination because not only do you get that amazing girlfriend time, but you are also doing something great for your body! Go for a run, to the gym, to a yoga class, go on a hike...you pick! But do it together!
3. Grab coffee/tea! Who doesn't love a good cup of coffee or tea or even wine? Paired with great, genuine conversation - Awww....BLISS!
4. Plan an afternoon outing! An hour is great but 2-4 hours is even better. Pick something that you both LOVE to do and do that! Do whatever needs to be done to make sure all is good at home and then ENJOY!
5. Plan a weekend getaway! Probably easier to do when we aren't in the midst of a pandemic, however, you can dream and plan and visualize this getaway as soon as you feel it is safe and responsible for you to do so. And if that is now, go for it! Your mental health and immune system will thank you!
A sisterhood of girlfriends is a gift! Our brand was built on the connection of women. Consider joining our Wild Souls Sisterhood Facebook Group for weekly inspiration, encouragement and connection. Namaste!