Book Club - Atomic Habits
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us virtually as we discuss our book of the month! Every Wednesday at 1pm (MST) on Zoom!
The book for November is Atomic Habits by James Clear.
The book summary according to https://www.samuelthomasdavies.com/"The Book in Three Sentences
- An atomic habit is a regular practice or routine that is not only small and easy to do but is also the source of incredible power; a component of the system of compound growth.
- Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don’t want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change.
- Changes that seem small and unimportant at first will compound into remarkable results if you’re willing to stick with them for years.
- Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement.
- If you want better results, then forget about setting goals. Focus on your system instead.
- The most effective way to change your habits is to focus not on what you want to achieve, but on who you wish to become.
- The Four Laws of Behavior Change are a simple set of rules we can use to build better habits. They are (1) make it obvious, (2) make it attractive, (3) make it easy, and (4) make it satisfying.
- Environment is the invisible hand that shapes human behavior."
Book Club Schedule:
11/4: Discuss chapters 1 - 5
11/11: Discuss chapters 6 - 10
11/18: Discuss chapters 11 - 14
11/25: Discuss chapters 15 - 20
There are a few ways to be involved. Join us for the live Zoom chat every Wednesday, or watch the chat live on Facebook.